Burlean Hall, ca. 1770-90, is a 3-part telescopic house located 1 mile south of Faulkner, overlooking Zekiah Swamp and Allen’s Fresh. The area was first settled by Algonquin-speaking Indians on the banks of the Wicomico River. Among the first European settlers of this land was Francis Posey, who purchased the property in 1650. Francis Posey was presumably a Huguenot from England, and he served as a member of the Maryland Legislative Assembly and House of Burgesses. After Posey’s death in 1654, the property passed through several hands within and outside of the Posey-lineage.