Wicomico Hunt Club
- Existence: 1929-
The Wicomico Hunt has enjoyed the centuries-old sport of “riding to hounds” on horseback on the DelMarVa peninsula since the 1920’s, when it was organized by a group of Salisbury men. The club was formally recognized by the Masters of Foxhounds Association of America in 1929. Interest in revitalizing the Wicomico Hunt Club was kindled in the mid 1960’s by a group including, among others, Hamilton P. Fox, Charles Habliston, Robert L. Williams and Kelvin Adkins. Mr. Fox and Mr. Williams shared the Joint-Mastership of the Hunt from this time through the 1981-1982 season. Under their Mastership, the Hunt was recognized by the MFHA during the 1975-1976 season. Today, the Wicomico Hunt is the only remaining hunt sanctioned by the Masters of Foxhounds Association that is located on the DelMarVa peninsula. Without the generosity and support of the many land owners, farmers and State agencies in Delaware and Maryland that allow us to hunt their lands, we would be unable to continue this age old tradition of mounted fox chasing.