Christ Church William and Mary Parish (Wayside, Md.)
- Existence: 1692-
Christ Church was one of the first 30 Anglican parishes in Maryland, created in 1692 by the colonial legislature. However, a chapel known as Piccowaxen Church already existed on this site at that time. Records prior to 1864 have largely vanished, but tradition has it that the brick church was built in 1690. It must have been standing for some time prior to 1750, because in that year it required extensive repairs. It was enlarged and put in substantially its present form at that time. The building, damaged during the Civil War, was again repaired and renovated in the 1870s. About half of the stained glass dates from that era, the rest being more recent.